We use an online application for grant requests.
If you are new to our system, please create an account. This will allow you to complete, review, edit, and submit your application. You can save and return to your application at any time. Saved, in-progress applications can be found by logging into your account.
We award grants only to qualified 501(c)(3) public charities or public entities serving the people of Texas. We do not lend or grant money to individual persons.
Proposals must benefit the state of Texas in order to be considered, although an organization’s headquarters are not required to be in Texas.
What We Look For
- Programs or projects aligned with our giving priorities and:
- Are well planned by organizations with the capacity to execute on them
- Have secured or identified financial support from other sources
- Contain quantitatively measurable outcomes with potential to scale impact
- Would find Foundation support to be vital to its success
You can search our previous grants to get a sense of our typical grantmaking.
What We Don’t Fund
- Church or seminary construction
- Fundraising event underwriting
- Annual fundraising drives
- Professional conferences and symposia unless directly related to our initiative areas
- Out-of-state travel expenses for performances or competition
- Single artistic events or performances
Where We Fund
We provide grants throughout Texas. Up to 50% of our giving is focused on the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Types of Funding
- Specific programs or projects account for almost 85% of our total giving
- Although not a significant part of our funding, we will consider
- Endowment and scholarship grants are rare
We consider every grant proposal individually. Your request will be assigned to one of our program officers. They will be your main contact throughout the process. They will review your application in full and provide a recommendation to our board of directors. Our board then makes the final decision on funding.
Our grants staff are available by phone or email. You may schedule informational meetings with staff, as needed. You can contact us through our site or by calling 214-826-9431.
You can submit one proposal every 12 months. Our grant cycle takes four to five months from receiving your proposal to making a final decision. We encourage you to apply at least four months before you need funding.
Our board of directors meets five times a year – January, April, June, September, and November – to consider proposals. We will let you know if your request is approved or declined within two weeks of their decision.
If your request is approved, your program officer will reach out to you directly to provide the necessary payment and report forms.
If your proposal is declined, you are welcome to submit a new request 12 months from the date your previous application was submitted. For example, you submitted a proposal on May 1, 2021. You can apply again on May 1, 2022.
Additional information can be found in our FAQs.