We award grants only to qualified 501(c)(3) public charities or public entities serving the people of Texas. We do not lend or grant money to individual persons.
Proposals must benefit the state of Texas in order to be considered, although an organization’s headquarters are not required to be in Texas.
What We Look For
- Programs or projects aligned with our giving priorities that and:
- Are well planned by organizations with the capacity to execute on them
- Have secured or identified financial support from other sources
- Contain quantitatively measurable outcomes with potential to scale impact
- Would find Foundation support to be vital to its success
You can search our previous grants to get a sense of our typical grantmaking.
What We Don’t Fund
- Church or seminary construction
- Fundraising event underwriting
- Annual fundraising drives
- Professional conferences and symposia unless directly related to our initiative areas
- Out-of-state travel expenses for performances or competition
- Single artistic events or performances
Where We Fund
We provide grants throughout Texas. Up to 50% of our giving is focused on the Dallas-Fort Worth area.